STORIS is the #1 provider of retail POS & ERP technology solutions to home furnishing retailers in the US. Our vision is to be obsessed with making our partners successful by delivering reliable, intuitive, and performant applications on a sound technical platform driven by a willingness to learn, collaborate, and experiment.
STORIS is looking for an entry-level software engineer to work on its distributed systems team creating microservices with Node.js and TypeScript for its next-generation software initiative. Your primary focus will be on creating new functionality and APIs within this platform and gaining the skills to assist with converting the existing monolithic ERP software stack to this platform.
You will be working in a team environment and focused on delivering robust solutions to solve our rapidly evolving customers’ needs. High-quality output in terms of product usability, code maintainability, and minimal defects is critical.
This position is a hybrid of remote and in-office (3 days per week) work out of our Deerfield Beach, FL office. This is an entry-level position and no prior professional software development experience is necessary for this role.
● Complete well-defined programming tasks as designed by other team members
● Learn source control, editors, build systems, as well as other tools and testing best practices
● Develop new backend features using the Moleculer microservices framework and GraphQL
Candidates should have one or more of the following:
- Educational background in software development, for instance:
- BS Computer Science
- Software Development Bootcamp
- 6 – 24 months of professional programming experience
- Portfolio of projects (e.g. GitHub) which demonstrate an understanding of basic software development or core computer science concepts
- Strong desire and dedication to learning and improving your software development skill set
- Ability to use project management tools and keep tasks up to date (Jira / Confluence)
STORIS offers a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and annual profit sharing. STORIS focuses on creating a positive and friendly work environment. Additionally, employees enjoy a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule, fun team-building events, a wellness program, modern, renovated office space featuring a spacious kitchen with complimentary snacks, beverages, hot & cold brewed coffee, and much more!
STORIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.