Job Opening: Software Engineer II (Web Development Front-End)
STORIS is the #1 provider of retail POS & ERP technology solutions to home furnishing retailers in the US. Our vision is to be obsessed with making our partners successful by delivering reliable, intuitive, and performant applications on a sound technical platform driven by a willingness to learn, collaborate, and experiment.
STORIS is looking for a mid-level software engineer to work on its web development front-end team creating web applications with TypeScript and React for its next-generation software initiative. Your primary focus will be on creating new functionality within our suite of web applications. You will be working in a team environment and focused on delivering robust solutions to solve our rapidly evolving customers’ needs. High-quality output in terms of product usability, code maintainability, and minimal defects is critical.
This position is a hybrid of remote and in-office (3 days per week) work out of our Mt. Arlington, NJ office.
- Translate business requirements, designs, and wireframes into high-quality technical designs and implementations
- Develop new frontend features using React, TypeScript, and a GraphQL API
- Review the code of peers and provide constructive feedback
- Help define new work
- Interact with product management and design to refine ideas to ensure successful implementation and user acceptance
2+ years of professional software development experience
- HTML and CSS
- At least one single-page application framework (React, Angular, Svelte, or Vue)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to use project management tools and keep tasks up to date (Jira / Confluence)