Brown Jordan Takes on Retail
Brown Jordan has maintained their position as a global leader in casual furniture design and manufacturing for 7 decades. In 2014 they decided to expand their market presence by opening their own branded retail operation. Brown Jordan has an expansion plan to bring their showrooms nationwide, starting with their flagship location in Costa Mesa, California.
Brown Jordan was challenged with finding a strong retail system that would complement three important goals of their retail organization:
- To more effectively manage their sophisticated customized special order program available through Brown Jordan manufacturing
- To invest in a software platform from the beginning of their strategic retail expansion that would be scalable to support growth
- To seamlessly manage the efforts of Brown Jordan’s direct retail stores with those of their valued retail distributors
Why STORIS was the ideal partner.
For Brown Jordan, choosing a software partner with industry dedication became a priority early on in their software research.
“Because STORIS works with casual furniture retailers, everybody on the STORIS team gets it and understands what we are talking about. We feel we are part of an ecosystem of similar retailers with similar challenges.”
Brown Jordan to model the ideal experience for retail partners through STORIS.
Automating routines, generating products in a uniform manner, and providing the most positive interaction for all customers will provide incredible growth opportunities for the entire Brown Jordan brand.
Find Out Why Casual Retailers Like You Choose STORIS
For Brown Jordan, choosing a software partner with industry dedication was a priority.
Brown Jordan had opened their first showroom using Excel and manual processes, quickly realizing the benefits that an automated software solution could bring. STORIS stood out in terms of understanding Brown Jordan’s challenges and providing the best solutions. STORIS’ furniture industry expertise was a clear advantage. This gave Brown Jordan confidence that they were setting up their retail strategy with best practices leading the way. Brown Jordan was also aware of STORIS’ reputation of taking start-up retailers into hundred-store, thousand-user operations seamlessly. The ease of scalability is critical to growing a substantial retail presence.
- EDI EFFICIENCY: STORIS is EDI-capable, which presents a great opportunity to build direct access to Brown Jordan’s product catalog. This enables automated purchasing, which saves resources, shortens the production cycle, reduces human error, improves accuracy, and ultimately gets the product to customers faster.
- SPECIAL ORDER PRECISION:
Brown Jordan previously had a complicated process that yielded many errors when configuring special order products. With STORIS, having the correct fabrics and finishes for the season cataloged in an easy-to-use tool allows sales associates to accurately and efficiently produce a special order product that is correct every time.
- SUPPLY CHAIN EXCELLENCE Brown Jordan’s goal is to model the ideal experience through STORIS for both their direct-to-retail stores as well as partners. Automating routines, generating products in a uniform manner, and providing the most positive interaction for all customers will provide incredible growth opportunities for the entire Brown Jordan brand.
“The STORIS Special Order Configurator corrects a lot of past mistakes along the supply chain. With STORIS we have improved accuracy, which has brought a lot of value to Brown Jordan customers.”
Brown Jordan manufactures innovative, meticulously designed, and exceptionally executed outdoor furniture and accessories. Since its founding by Robert Brown and Hubert Jordan in Pasadena, CA in 1945, Brown Jordan has offered best-in-class products for refined, relaxed, and luxurious outdoor living. Known for producing iconic, award-winning designs, Brown Jordan has maintained the gold standard in outdoor furnishings for the past 70 years. Brown Jordan had solely been a manufacturer, until they decided to open direct-to-retail outlets nationwide, beginning this initiative in 2014.
When you choose , you get more than an industry-trusted retail software solution. You get the know-how of our team of experts, superior service, and opportunities for growth. Use the form below to learn what can do for you.