Brown Jordan has maintained their position as a global leader in casual furniture design and manufacturing for 7 decades. In 2014 they decided to expand their market presence by opening their own branded retail operation. Brown Jordan has an expansion plan to bring their showrooms nationwide, starting with their flagship location in Costa Mesa, California.
Brown Jordan was challenged with finding a strong retail system that would complement three important goals of their retail organization:
- To more effectively manage their sophisticated customized special order program available through Brown Jordan manufacturing
- To invest in a software platform, from the beginning of their strategic retail expansion, that would be scalable and support unlimited growth
- To seamlessly manage the efforts of Brown Jordan’s direct retail stores with those of their valued retail distributors
Why STORIS was the ideal partner.
For Brown Jordan, choosing a software partner with industry dedication became an important priority early on in their software research process.
“Because STORIS works with casual furniture retailers, everybody on the STORIS team gets it and understands what we are talking about. We feel we are part of an ecosystem of similar retailers with similar challenges.”
Brown Jordan to model the ideal experience for retail partners through STORIS.
Automating routines, generating products in a uniform manner, and providing the most positive interaction for all customers will provide incredible growth opportunities for the entire Brown Jordan brand.
STORIS is the industry’s leading provider of retail software solutions, supporting over 350 retailers. We invest 60,000 hours into software R&D a year, retain an average employee tenure of 9 years across our 120 employees, and release a new version of STORIS every 8 months.
For Brown Jordan, choosing a software partner with industry dedication became an important priority.
Brown Jordan had opened their first showroom using Excel and manual processes, quickly realizing the benefits that an automated software solution could bring. STORIS stood out in terms of understanding Brown Jordan’s challenges and providing the best solutions. STORIS’ furniture industry expertise was a clear advantage. This gave Brown Jordan confidence that they were setting up their retail strategy with best practices leading the way. Brown Jordan was also aware of STORIS’ reputation of taking start up retailers into hundred store, thousand user operations seamlessly. The ease of scalability is critical to growing a substantial retail presence.
- EDI EFFICIENCY: STORIS is EDI capable, which presents a great opportunity to build direct access to Brown Jordan’s product catalog. This enables automated purchasing, which saves resources, shortens the production cycle, reduces human error, improves accuracy and ultimately gets the product to customers faster.
- SPECIAL ORDER PRECISION:
Brown Jordan previously had a complicated process that yielded many errors when configuring special order products. With STORIS, having the correct fabrics and finishes by the season cataloged in an easy to use tool allows sales associates to accurately and efficiently produce a special order product that is correct every time.
“The STORIS Special Order Configurator corrects a lot of past mistakes along the supply chain. With STORIS we have improved accuracy, which has brought a lot of value to Brown Jordan customers.”
- SUPPLY CHAIN EXCELLENCE Brown Jordan’s goal is to model the ideal experience through STORIS for both their direct to retail stores as well as partners. Automating routines, generating products in a uniform manner, and providing the most positive interaction for all customers will provide incredible growth opportunities for the entire Brown Jordan brand.