New Year Retail Checklist
A new year means a clean slate. This is the time when most people make resolutions and goals for the next 365 days. It is the perfect time to do the same for your business. We’ve put together this quick 5 step checklist to help you get a pulse on your retail operations for 2016.
- Are you prepared for the future? Technology is always evolving. Do you have what you need to be a top retailer in 2016? With the world of payment processing changing rapidly, you have to be prepared. Learn more about EMV here.
- Do you stand out from the crowd? Furniture retail requires staying on top of trends. Pantone has recently released the 2016 colors of the year and designers will be showcasing the latest in furniture at Vegas Market. Have you thought about the appearance of your showroom? In order to attract more customers, you need to have the merchandise they’re looking for.
- Is your customer service top notch? Word of mouth has transitioned into online reviews on various websites like Yelp, where consumers log on to voice their opinions on personal shopping experiences. You want your brand to be represented in the best light, so make sure your customer service is up to par.
- Is your POS experience impressive? There’s no question that today’s consumers expect efficient service. Millennials are taking up a large portion of the shopping population, which means your store must be prepared for them. Mobile technologies can help you to seal the deal with these buyers as well.
- Are you organized? Have you taken a good look at your warehouse lately? Inventory is the main cornerstone of your business. You want to enter the New Year with a firm grasp on what you have in stock so you can better prepare for the months of selling ahead.
A new year is the perfect opportunity to reevaluate your business as you move forward into 2016. Utilize this checklist to assess every aspect of your retail operations and consider how you can make improvements for an even better selling year.