Job Opening: Website Designer
STORIS, Inc. is the leading provider of unified commerce solutions for the home furnishings industry for over 25 years. STORIS delivers a comprehensive retail software platform including eCommerce technology that helps retailers to grow their businesses across channels.
STORIS is seeking a creative UX/UI Web Designer with a trained aesthetic and relevant experience to join our eCommerce Team in our corporate offices in northern New Jersey. The Web Designer will work closely with marketing, product managers, and front-end developers to strategize, design, and ultimately launch websites with our clients. We are looking for this individual to lead design discovery, create website wireframes, and deliver mockups for our customer base of various-sized retailers. This position requires effective communication skills, knowledge of graphic design, and experience collaborating with programming, developing, & clients to ensure all aspects of creating and refreshing websites are covered.
Responsibilities of this position include:
Work with clients to evaluate their wants/needs, strategize and provide guidance, and deliver designs that represent clients’ brands
• Create effective wireframes and website designs that address experience, look, layout, and features including mobile responsive considerations.
• Communication with clients throughout the design process and manage all aspects of design through to project completion.
• Analyze website conversions to design for increased/improved UX/UI user engagement, evaluate performance of designs, and willingly adapt as needed.
• Collaborate with the eCommerce department, including front-end web developers on technical requirements, project parameters(timelines/hours), and web designs.
• Accurately assess scope of work and the number of man-hours needed to provide a profitable proposal for each project.
• Produce consistent, quality work on time, in design scope, and within customer’s budget.
• Understanding of ADA guidelines for websites to avoid legal issues.
• Stay informed on current website design trends.
• Special internal and external project opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
1+ years of website design and an understanding of visual/graphic design principles
• Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite and other visual design programs
• Creative thinker with strong graphic design skills (layout, palette, font, spacing, balance)
• Compelling work portfolio that demonstrates systematic, varied, and creative website designs
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to customer’s style preferences on the go
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including working with clients
• A positive, team player mentality with the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills to answer to design questions
• Efficient at time management, deadline-driven and works well under pressure
• Prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Knowledge of SEO
• Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media Design, Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or related field
STORIS, named one of the Best Places to work in New Jersey, offers a competitive compensation package, an excellent benefits package, including Major Medical and 401(k). STORIS focuses on creating a positive and friendly work environment. Additionally, employees enjoy a hybrid work from home and in-office schedule, fun team-building events, a wellness program, a recently renovated office space featuring a spacious kitchen with complimentary snacks, beverages, hot & cold-brewed coffee, and more!
STORIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer